Hello! My name is Kate Ducey and I am the current editorial resident here at Women of Cincy.
Part of being a resident is completing a capstone, so for my capstone, I've decided to reach out to Women of Cincy readers!
My capstone is titled "The Serendipity Scrapbook" and it is all about getting people to look at their everyday lives differently through a series of small challenges.
The challenges are as follows:
1. Spend some time with a friend you haven’t seen in a while. ("Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again" just came out and Washington Park also has free movies in the park, if you need some ideas!)
2. Spend some time with yourself, by yourself. (Think Carrie Bradshaw drinking wine by herself in "Sex and The City.")
3. Take a different route/different mode to work. (Bike to work? Take a back road instead of the highway? Get off at a different exit? Your choice!)
4. When getting your morning coffee, ask the barista a deeper question. (What's your favorite part of your job? What's your purpose in life?)
5. Compliment a stranger!
6. Go on a walk (by yourself or with a friend).
7. Go to the place you’ve always wanted to go to. (You know what I’m talking about!)
8. Can you spend one day not using social media?
In the span of one week, try to complete at least three, but completely up to you! Can you do all of them?
Complete your challenges and email pictures, videos, and/or your thoughts on this experience in writing to Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line #SerendipityScrapbook by August 3! Your experiences might be featured in Kate's capstone piece later this summer.