The Lady's Sparrow Period Pop-Up Shop
Photography by Shamekko Early-Coleman.
Last weekend, Lady's Sparrow Foundation hosted The Period Pop-Up Shop at Innovation Alley in Covington to educate and empower young women when it comes to their bodies and health. The purpose of The Period Pop-Up Shop is to disrupt periods by eradicating the embarrassment and discomfort for young ladies and to equip parents with the necessary tools for this important conversation around womanhood.
The Period Pop-Up Shop featured:
- Free giveaways of tampons and pads
- Yoga sessions with Andrea Kern
- Hair styling, mini facials, and makeup tutorials from Melissa Allen, Jessie Covey, and Holly Ritter
- Delicious cupcakes from Nay Mama's Sweet Treats
- Community art murals by West End Art Gallery
- Information sessions with representatives from Your Wellness Center and St. Elizabeth Healthcare
The event also served as a fundraiser to assist women who suffer from sexual pain disorders, since insurance typically does not cover these type of illnesses. Lady's Sparrow Foundation is on the mission to be a resource for young ladies and women in their time of need.