General Meeting Recap
Couldn’t make it to the first Women of Cincy meeting? We gathered at the Cincinnati Public Library earlier this week to talk about the past, present, and future of our initiative. Here’s what you missed:
- Our mission: The Women of Cincy initiative exists to celebrate women of greater Cincinnati from all walks of life; to be a resource for women who want to be involved in their community; and to open the door for communication and collaboration between women of varying beliefs.
- How will we perpetuate this mission? Through storytelling. Our goal is to interview and photograph one badass woman of Cincy every week, posting her story to our social media channels on Thursday. To do this, we need writers and photographers! One writer and one photographer will pair up for each interview, and volunteers can expect to tackle an interview no more than once a month. Writers interested in signing up to meet awesome Cincy women, record their stories, and condense the interview into a Q&A can do so here. Photographers with a DSLR camera interested in capturing and editing a variety of interview shots can sign up here.
- Some short-term goals we’re working to achieve include meeting with partner organizations; growing our email subscriber list and social media presence; and recruiting some high school- and college-aged members to help reach future leaders.
- The Women of Cincy monthly newsletter will be sent out the first Thursday of each month, and feature all of our stories, Words We Heard, and other happenings.
- Women of Cincy is about to have some swag; buttons and business cards coming soon!
- Our next get together will take place in the form of a happy hour! Join us April 6 at 6:30 p.m. at The Listing Loon in Northside. Stop by when you can and get to know some of the other fabulous women of Cincy. Let us know if you can make it at our Facebook event page.
- We’re always on the lookout for awesome organizations we can partner with; Cincy news and happenings; badass women whose stories we can share; volunteering opportunities; and any other ideas that Women of Cincy can get involved in. Send a note to email@example.com with all of your thoughts, ideas, and questions.