Special thanks to TiER1 Performance Solutions for sponsoring this class and providing refreshments!
This hands-on workshop will cover:
• Downloading Bootstrap and adding it to an HTML document
• Working with Bootstrap’s responsive grid system
• Styling images and buttons with Bootstrap classes
• Working with Bootstrap’s reusable user interface components
This 2-session Bootstrap Workshop runs over TWO WEEKS on Wednesdays.
Class 1: Wednesday February 28th, 6:30pm - 8:30pm
Class 2: Wednesday March 7th, 6:30pm - 8:30pm
WHAT TO BRING TO CLASS:
At this time, you will need to provide your own laptop - PC or Mac - to participate in the course.
• Good working knowledge of HTML & CSS, and how they work together
• Knowledge of basic CSS targeting (classes, IDs, elements, etc.)
• Basic website HTML structuring using divs, and how to apply classes to HTML elements
We offer needs-based scholarships for people interested in taking this course who may not be able to afford the registration fee. To receive a scholarship for this course, you must fill out this application (http://goo.gl/forms/hGTKG7Iaej) and you must commit to being present for all four sessions of the class. Applications must be submitted at least one week prior to the class start date. Any applications submitted within one week of class start will not be considered. Scholarship winners will be informed one week prior to the class start date.
Sarah Sachs is a frontend developer currently working at Ample in Cincinnati, Ohio. She believes being a developer is a lifelong learning process and revels in picking up new languages and sharing useful advice. When she’s not behind the computer, Sarah enjoys going out to the movies with her husband, hiking with her dogs, and reading comic books.
POLICIES & GUIDELINES:
Girl Develop It welcomes all genders and identities to our classroom. By entering this group, all community members agree to abide by our Code of Conduct (https://www.girldevelopit.com/code-of-conduct). At this time, you must be 18 years of age or older to enroll in a class.